• To carry out Tests on quality of various incoming materials such as sands, resins, clays, binders, coating and miscellaneous material including scrap to determine their suitability for REMCO’s Foundry use.
• To carry out analysis on various scraps for determining their specification and to segregate accordingly.
• To Collect samples of molten metal from furnace and molds to carry out analysis with spectrometer for determining their composition.
• To carry out analysis on as received sand for its Grain fineness no, moisture, clay content etc.
• To carry out Analysis and Testing on Resin, Hardener and Molding sand to evaluate its properties for suitability of molding.
• To carry out Analysis and Testing on Resin Coated Sand to evaluate its properties for suitability of core Shooting
• To Evaluates finished products using various instruments, gauges, or other equipment to ensure compliance to required specifications.
• To perform mechanical tests to determine various Testing Parameters like tensile strength, elongation, and other properties, Hardness etc.
• To Conduct routine microscopic examinations of metals and alloys to determine their respective microstructure to correlate with properties measured or evaluated.
• To maintain records of various analyses Reports carried out in R &d Laboratory.
• To perform routine maintenance of inspection instruments and equipment.
• To maintain inventory of laboratory consumable supplies and recommends purchases or replenishment to supervisor.
• To prepare and forward certification to sales office or Quality personnel as requested.
• To Practice safe work habits, maintains workplace in good order, and wears issued
• Personal protective equipment at all times in the workplace
• To Recommend process improvements
• Bachelor’s degree in metallurgy, material science, mechanical engineering department or related field like pure sciences: Chemistry, physics + maths
• Must have shown ability to work independently & have a strong attendance record: Process Oriented, Analytical, and Self-motivating mindset
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, Guardian
• General math skills, chemistry knowledge and melting /pouring sequence knowledge
• Operation of spectrometer & related software, microscopes, saws and grinders
• 3 years’ experience in iron and steel melting and process control.
What we offer?
. Competitive salaries and benefits based on qualifications and experience;
. Learning work environment with opportunity to grow;
. Training for further skills development.
Other benefits include:
. A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially driven organization;
. A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical insurance plan;
. Vacation and training/study leave benefits;
. Exposure to innovative ideas, projects and collaborative staff activities;
. Access to numerous professional development opportunities.
How to apply?
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: email@example.com
Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is February Tuesday 28th 2023.